Monday, September 6, 2010

V

 I love the letter V.  I love the way that V gets thrust from your mouth, pulling on your bottom lip.  I love the strong, angular lines and the symmetry.  I love that V doesn't lose it's identity in the lowercase form, a v is always a V, so sure of itself.  V is an army march, V is a burlesque show, V is a surgeon's best tool.

I picture the violent V as a flock, flying overhead and then attacking from the air.  The vivacious V shimmies and struts her stuff, filling the stage or screen. 

I have to end with my own little V-

Vivien! 
Vivi, V, Vivalicious, Vivisaurous Rex, Vivarus, Vivius Maximus, the love of my life and bane of my existence (for those of you with kids, you know).   She is stubborn, confident, sweet, full of life, spirited, and a force to be reckoned with.  To me, she is the embodiment of the letter she was named after.  

No comments:

Post a Comment