Monday, September 6, 2010

Introduction to me as a writer

I'm not a writer.  I fancied myself a poet at 19, but quickly came to the realization that, despite the requisite angst and a love of hats of all kind,  I just wasn't that good.  I do, however, give excellent feedback and have (I think) a good ear for talent in others. 

After several years of exploring and dancing and experimentation of several varieties, I have found my calling in Education.  We all know the adage, if you can't do- teach!  I want to nurture and inspire young writings, tend them carefully and hopefully read about the character version of myself in more than one first novel.  At the very least, I could be a presence in the dedications; "To my beloved Teacher, I would not be the writer I am today without her."  

        

No comments:

Post a Comment